This two-day workshop covers the integration of "parts" or ego state practice with a trauma-informed phase model from a highly relational perspective.
The workshop has evolved from Andrew’s work as an EMDR consultant and trainer, during which Andrew realized the crucial need for ego state competence when working with trauma and dissociation (this workshop will NOT address extreme forms of dissociation, viz., DDNOS and DID).
This workshop is available to clinicians with or without EMDR training.
Participants will learn:
- theories of dissociation
- traditions of "parts" work
- recognition of and contact with parts
- how to develop resources with parts
- how to achieve internal collaboration
- how to resolve internal blaming
- to work with negative introjects
- steps in attachment repair via parts work
- problem solving internal blocks
- Integrating a trauma-informed approach with parts work